Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts are a super flavorful way to make your weeknight meals even easier!
Who else loves healthy, simple, fast, and easy dinners? I knew we weren’t alone. Cooking from scratch often conjures up images of slaving away in a kitchen for hours on end. Au contraire, that’s not what it means at all. At least not in this super busy household. Yes, we have some recipes that are a total labor of love, like our Feta Cheese from scratch, or a from scratch pasta dish, but we both have full time jobs and lives that we need to attend to on a daily basis so for a majority of the time, we’re cooking from scratch dinners like this easy Mediterranean Grilled Chicken.There are a ton of pre-made bottled chicken marinades out there that you can buy. But really, making your own takes only a few more minutes than opening a bottle. And it’s so much fresher! Fresh parsley, fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic, olive oil, paprika, and dried oregano. No preservatives needed. Just a quick salt and pepper to a few boneless chicken breasts, and then toss the marinade ingredients into a large plastic bag, mix, and then add the chicken. You can let it marinate for as little as 20 minutes or as long as 2 days, which means this can even be whipped up in advance and left to marinate until you’re ready for it.Then just toss the chicken on the grill and you’re done. So Easy. So flavorful. So not full of High Fructose Corn Syrup, Xanthan Gum, Sorbate, or Sodium Benzoate. Seriously, these are all ingredients in popular herb and garlic marinades! We tossed a ton of fresh veggies together (lettuce, broccoli, orange pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, corn, and cabbage) into a huge salad with our favorite lemon vinaigrette and then topped these sliced chicken breasts on top for the perfect light, healthy, delicious dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts halves (2 lbs chicken total)
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of fresh minced parsley
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, garlic, paprika, and oregano to a large plastic food storage bag.
- Pierce chicken with fork several times and season with salt and pepper. Add to bag and coat with dressing, marinate 20 minutes or up to two days in the fridge.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag. Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side. Or inside, cook in a grill pan over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.