This Chicken Bacon Greek Salad is not for the faint of the salad heart. With chicken, bacon, and classic Greek salad flavors, it is hearty enough for a full meal but also perfect for adding some more salad into your diet.
Ahhh August. The days are still long and hot, and the activities are aplenty. That means making a huge labor-intensive dinner is not what we want to do. That's why we love salads like this Chicken Bacon Greek Salad! Chicken and bacon plus creamy avocado, salty feta cheese, and briny olives make it a packed salad full of flavor but cool and light, perfect for a summer lunch or dinner.
This recipe is one of my go-to salads whenever we have a little bit of leftover grilled chicken from any summer cookout! From our Grilled Mediterranean Chicken, Cilantro Lime Chicken, to Cornell Chicken, this salad is a great vehicle to give new life to those leftovers!
- Chicken - You could use any cooked/grilled chicken you have. Rotisserie chicken is also great, but our favorite is definitely our Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts.
- Bacon - Optional, but why not? It adds the perfect amount of smokiness.
- Romaine Lettuce - Butter lettuce or another nice leafy green would be great. Or even iceberg, whatever you have.
- Tomatoes - My favorite are halved cherry tomatoes, but you can use whatever you have.
- Cucumber - My favorite for this is English cucumbers because of the smaller seeds but you could use another kind, too.
- Red Onion - Classic for Greek flavors.
- Olives - I love Kalamative olives for this, but black or whatever you have to add some delicious salty briny flavor!
- Avocado - Avocado and Greek salad? I know - not normal but also it adds a delightful bit of creaminess to this salad.
- Feta Cheese - Classic Greek Salad. Also, have you made your own, yet?
- Parsley - I love the fresh herb punch to this salad.
So Easy to Make
One of my favorite things about salads is that they are so easy to make and this one is no exception. This salad is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Step 1: Add it all to a bowl.
Step 2: Add some Super Easy Lemon Vinaigrette, or any of your other favorite dressings.
Step 3: Mix! And dinner is DONE.
Don't like a red onion? No problem. Have another favorite dressing? Cool. Not a bacon fan? Ditch it. This salad is totally customizable and you can use your favorite dressing!
Salad! But with chicken. And bacon. And feta cheese. Yeah, but that's what makes this Chicken Bacon Greek Salad a full meal.
We love this salad. It is one of our go-to hearty, healthy, flavorful meals.
Other Favorite Salads
- Avocado Chicken Chopped Salad
- Chickpea Kale Greek Salad
- Cranberry Walnut Kale Salad
- Greek-ish Salad
- Teriyaki Shrimp Salad with Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 2-3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 large english cucumber diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 4-6 oz chicken grilled, baked, or rotisarrie
- 2 slices bacon crumbld
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette
- Add lettuce to a large bowl and top with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion, chicken, bacon, and avocado.
- Add vinaigrette and mix and top with feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!