This Turkey and Spinach Noodle Soup is a delicious, healthy way to use up those holiday leftovers (or chicken!), with homemade stock, spinach, with a bright lemon touch! Even better? It's ready in 30 minutes!
Anyone else look forward to the turkey leftovers more than the actual turkey? Guilty, over here.
Think of a classic noodle soup, but with leftover, from scratch, post big holiday meal healthy twist!
- Leftover Turkey - You could also substitute leftover chicken!
- Turkey Stock - One of my favorite parts of making a turkey is making a deliciously rich, stock, just like how we make our Chicken Stock and Vegetable Stock.
- Carrots and Celery - Classic noodle soup vegetables, but you could also substitute mushrooms, corn, or peas.
- Onion and Garlic - Staples in pretty much all of our recipes.
- Egg Noodles - Or your other favorite noodle or even orzo!
- Dried Thyme, Dried Oregano, Celery Salt, and Bay Leaves - You could also substitute fresh thyme and oregano. See recipe notes.
- Lemon and Lemon Zest - This adds such a delightful brightness! And with a Lemon Zester, it's a breeze.
- Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper
This soup recipe is so incredibly easy.
Step 1: Sauté garlic, onion, carrots, and celery.
Step 2: Add herbs and stock, bring to a boil and then chicken.
Step 3: Add noodles, cover and let simmer and then add spinach and lemon.
After 5 minutes, you're done! How incredibly healthy and fresh does that look?
SUPER. That's the answer.
Packed full of nutrition thanks to the spinach. And so much flavor.
Our Other Favorite Soups
- Chickpea Kale Curry Soup
- Roasted Parsnip and Potato Soup
- Homemade Hot and Sour Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Pho
- Rhode Island Clam Chowder
- Creamy Asparagus Bacon Soup
We served this with our Crusty French Baguette for a perfect meal.
We made a double batch of this with all of the leftover turkey we had and then froze a bunch. It makes an absolutely great soup to have stashed away in your freezer for those nights you don't want to cook but need something healthy and hearty!
Thinking about adding some more spinach to your diet in the New Year? I got you.
Our Favorite Spinach Recipes
- Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche
- Balsamic Spinach and Mushroom
- Turmeric Spinach and Eggs
- Fresh Spinach Guacamole
- Beef and Spinach Noodles
- Saag Paneer
- Spinach and Feta Egg Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced about 2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 carrots, diced about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 stalks celery, diced about 1 cup
- 4 cups leftover turkey, cubed or chicken
- 6 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium. Add onions, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add thyme, oregano, celery salt, and salt and pepper and stir. Add stock and bring up the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Add turkey and noodles, reduce heat, bring to a simmer and cover and let simmer for 10 minutes to cook noodles.
- Add spinach, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir well to mix in the spinach. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sign up to get new recipes weekly!